Shine On My Weary Soldier Shine On My Weary Soldier

I love ambience-type music, so you've got my full approval right there.
I REALLY like how it reminds me of an organ in a fashion; hence, it DOES bring to mind the theme of a battle-weary soldier pressing on.

Now, for the good part.
You ignorant fools criticizing this for repetition, you ignorant people. :c
THIS IS AMBIENT FOR A REASON.
It's long, drawn out, and not so repetitive as you claim to it to be.
The chords last for at least one or two measures so far as I can tell, and you're being extremely IGNORANT of that.

@Supertruper:
- You're wanting this piece to leave a mark? Go look for some electronic or rock tracks, not ambient pieces that are easily meant for background or therapeutic purposes.

@Jspriggs:
- "Did you decide to hit repeat when you uploaded this?"
First, that doesn't even make sense for your argument when you reread that.
Second, is there something wrong with a repeated section in a song?
Don't MOST songs repeat parts of their music? Let's say uh.... A FREAKING CHORUS?

There, I can rest in peace now. :)
Thanks for the track Cryo, really appreciated it. :D

~ Frostbyte

Professor Swag Professor Swag

God, the music video to this would be funny and awesome as all hell man.
Please do it, and get signed with a label while you're at it. Lol. ;~;

~ Frostybte

Rampant responds:

No promises, but if I did a music video, YouTube would have to create something above 1080p: anything less than that can't contain the swag in this song.

Begin The Freefall Begin The Freefall

AWWWW YEAH SON.
Definitely a great take for skydiving, maybe even an instance of an action movie where the spy's moving in like that. ;P
Epic intro too man.

5/5 c:

~ Frostbyte

MusicByErudition responds:

:D Thanks alot!!! And yeah the intro was the whole basis, had no clue where I was going with the song until I finished the intro then it led me through the rest. And I see your point about the spy thing, haha would love to see this involved with an action movie here on newgrounds.

Between unhallowed shades 2 Between unhallowed shades 2

Woah.

Haha dude, this is pretty freaking awesome, for real.
Seriously, that violin/guitar intro killed bro.

Evanescence, eat your heart out.
Well, they'd probably do that actually. ;)

Cheers!

satanicpotatoe responds:

Thanks Frostbyte250 ;)

-Dream P.1- -Dream P.1-

Aye now

Bro, that was pretty awesome. That sounds like it has a definite place in almost any good videogame and this song would live up to everyone's expectations I bet. If you've ever played Ace Combat 04 on the PS2, you'll know the extreme potential this song has.
One thing though, I think the piano should be emphasized somewhat more towards the middle of the song with a change of the sequence it plays instead of just having the intro and outro. Maybe even a guitar playing subtly an octave higher (even with the overdrive). But hey, it's your song, you know where you wanna take it.
So cheers and congrats on achieving this awesome rock ballad.

Back-From-Purgatory responds:

Yeah, I've had a few people tell me I should've mixed up the piano part at some point, and I do agree with them, I probably could've gotten a much more powerful effect had I changed the part in the middle up a bit. I may still mess with it, but like with all my other songs, I say I'll change something, or continue working on it, then procrastinate to the point where it's basically dead, so I'm not gonna make any promises.

All I can promise is that I will do a Part Two... Eventually.

&amp;lt;Fear Itself&amp;gt; <Fear Itself>

Duuuuuuude

Dude, I agree with others that say it make good for a zombie laboratory or a spooky situation or whatever. But this really reminds me most of some of those movies where someone has a flashback to their childhood and they remember it until it gets creepy (normally a clown with rabies pops up or something)
That says to me you nailed the environmental imagery, although (no offense) it does lack more ambiance.
Other than that, you did better than I ever could have haha.
Cheers!

hektikmusic responds:

thanks for checking out the track, i will do better with my 2nd attempt....yes better than #1

Bloodcount Bloodcount

\m/

This song is one of the truly defining moments of the metal/hardcore era. Have to say, I'm seriously impressed. And that's saying a lot, considering I've never really liked growling/screamo songs. So I guess you guys get the message as to how awesome everyone thinks this song is.
By the way, killer intro, solo, and lyrics. My favorite by far.
Keep the headbangers goin dudes.
Rock on \m/

[SB] Deadly [SB] Deadly

Word

That was dope bruh, you put words to that hmu.

Taken From A Photo Taken From A Photo

Woah.

Dude, this is completely professional. Nice work.
I'm pretty sure you've already heard this, but your vocals and guitar riffs remind me so much of Rise Against. But at the same time, I can tell you're not them. I mean that in a good way, cuz people really like them.
So, you guys should get signed imo, and I'll be spreading the word for you guys. You've earned it by this one song at least.
Rock on, brother \m/

tydiggy responds:

Thank you so much dude! Please do! Since youre so awesome, if you pm your email address ill sende you the rest of our songs for free!

VengeanceIsOurReligion VengeanceIsOurReligion

Cool Story Bro

I thought the music was great, especially those divebombs. And I'm sure most people probably already said that in concurrence at least. Tell you the truth, I've never really liked songs that only had screamo for the vocals. But considering the lyrics, I think it's an appropriate expression for the message of it. I liked the innovation of your lyrics too, they seemed well thought out. Anyways keep up the good work, I'll be checking up on you guys to see your progress. Peace out.

AbsenceofFear responds: